What You Will Do
As a C++ software engineer, you will join a team of 10-15 software engineers. Your key role will be to implement high-quality features in our current and future applications.
You will be working with our Application Engineers to define requirements and implement solutions spanning real-time image processing, analysis, computational geometry, and 3D data visualisation.
We develop a cross-platform desktop application that runs on Windows and Linux. The code uses C++ 17, and state of the art image processing, meshing and visualisation libraries. Development is primarily on Windows using Visual Studio as an IDE and Git for revision control. We use CMake for building and Catch2 for unit testing
Who You Are
- A generalist software developer with 1 or more year(s) of experience writing production-level software.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or similar. You graduated with a first or 2:1.
- Proficient in coding, data structures and algorithms.
- Eager to learn and explore new complex technical problems. You are interested in any of these areas: image processing, CAD, meshing, constructive solid geometry, and computer vision.
- You can communicate effectively with a range of people in spoken and written English.
- Design, code, and unit test software.
- Work with application engineers. Analyse, refine, and decompose high level requirements to generate software requirements.
- Research, design and implement prototypes and work with other developers and stakeholders to iteratively improve on the solution.
- Identify existing design limitations and resolve them by refactoring legacy code
- Experience developing medical software and products that use the DICOM or PACS standards.
- Experience developing on Linux.
- Cross-platform desktop application frameworks such as Qt or wxWidgets.
- Experience working with the .NET framework using C#.
- Experience writing unit tests using C++ frameworks, e.g., Catch2.
Who We Are
Devomech Solutions is a startup providing services in Mechanical, Electronics, and Firmware / Software Development. We design and prototype innovative products for our overseas clients. We believe in uplifting the skillset of our team which enables us to deliver exceptional quality products to our clients.